House of Fraser, the UK and Ireland’s premium department store group, today announces the appointment of Alex Williamson as Chief Executive Officer, effective 31 July 2017.
Frank Slevin, Executive Chairman of House of Fraser, commented:
“Having recently set out our vision for the future of House of Fraser, we are delighted to announce the appointment of Alex Williamson as our new CEO. Alex is uniquely placed to execute our vision, and to contribute his extensive expertise of delivering compelling and engaging experiences for the customer.
“Over the last two years, we have built a very strong management team, with particular expertise across the key disciplines in retail. This has enabled us to make an appointment that is a clear statement of the direction we intend to take, placing the customer at the centre of our business. House of Fraser operates in an exciting and challenging market requiring an ability to innovate and manage an increasing pace of change. I am confident Alex will be able to add his perspective and skill of running the Goodwood Estate, one of the great British heritage brands to the benefit of our continued growth.
“I am personally very pleased we have been able to attract someone with his calibre and leadership track record and I, along with the senior management team, look forward to welcoming him to the business later this year.”
Alex is an experienced and well-regarded business leader who joins House of Fraser from Goodwood where he has been Chief Executive since December 2012. Alex joined Goodwood in 2008 as CFO before being promoted to Group Managing Director and later to CEO. Alex led Goodwood, one of the world’s finest sporting estates, through a period of substantial growth and development, building a dynamic, modern and connected experience for both customers and employees whilst working to globalise the brand in ways that respect Goodwood’s rich heritage.
Alex has built a reputation for strong leadership, commercial discipline, creative and strategic thinking, and consistently delivering against targets coupled with a complete understanding of creating lifestyle-led experiences. Prior to joining Goodwood, Alex acted as Head of Finance for TUI Travel, and has held a variety of other roles and responsibilities across the leisure and hospitality sectors. He first joined Ernst & Young in 1999.
Alex Williamson, said:
“I have had the most extraordinary nine years at Goodwood working with Lord March and the team on a broad range of projects. I am very pleased to be taking on this role at such a pivotal time for House of Fraser, another great premium British brand. I am looking forward to working with Frank and the strong management team to bring to bear House of Fraser‘s engaging and innovative vision.“
About House of Fraser:
House of Fraser is a department store group with 59 enviable locations across the UK and Ireland. As one of the best known names on the high street, House of Fraser has presented customers with an unrivalled nationwide department store for over 168 years. The Group has annual sales of £1.3bn and employs 5,000 House of Fraser employees and 12,500 concession staff through over 4 million sqft of selling space. Customers can shop at House of Fraser from http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk .
House of Fraser (UK & Ireland) Limited (formerly Highland Group Holdings Limited) is the parent company of the House of Fraser business in the UK and Ireland. It is 89% owned by House of Fraser Group Limited, which is also the parent company of House of Fraser’s planned operations in China (the remaining 11% interest in House of Fraser (UK & Ireland) Limited is owned by West Coast Capital (HOF CO) Limited). Nanjing Cenbest, a listed company in China is the Group’s ultimate parent company, following the acquisition on 2 September 2014.
Newgate Communications +44 (0) 207 680 6550
Clotilde Gros / Eloise Cazalet / Sophie O’Donoghue / Lydia Thompson